This cable features the new Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper wire, we have put together a very simple but very good interconnect kit with an option on two RCA plugs.
The Duelund DCA20GA, the new thinner version of the already famous DCA16GA – A wire born of the desire to improve upon legendary vintage Western Electric WE16GA cable, but using Duelund's philosophy of uncompromising craftsmanship and construction, sonic splendour, palpability and transparency.
The Switchcraft Gold Plated Phono Plug, this plug offers very good value for money.
The Eichmann Copper Bullets - The Bullet Plug™ is minimalist in design and appearance. Its objective is to give the ultimate performance quality. Made from Tellurium Copper only. No Brass, no Nickel. Clean, unrestrained conductivity for the purest listening experience.
This Interconnect cable has a wonderful natural tone, is well balanced and makes for very easy listening.
To read the Positive Feedback review of the new Duelund wire, please click HERE
Instructions: (for ETI Copper Bullets)
- First cut your length of wire in to 4 equal lengths, and strip the ends by 4mm and tin with a small amount of solder.
- Separate all of the RCA plugs, loosen the grub screws and fit the grommets, then gently tighten the screws again.
- Lightly twist the wires in pairs to form each cable.
- Slide one black RCA rear section over one pair and then solder the wires to the Eichmann bullet plug. Try and get the wires to contact the pins on the plug before you start soldering so that your not pushing the wire onto the pin with the iron, as they will tend to move away again when the iron is moved away but the solder is still molten.
- Mark the other end with a small piece of blue heatshink, this will mark the directionality for future reference.
- Check which wire is which with a meter, then solder on the other plug. (slide the rear section of the case over the wire before you solder the wires - often overlooked)
- Repeat the process for the red Bullet plugs on the other twisted pair, again marking one end with blue heatshrink.
- It is always good practice to check your soldering and channels for continuity with a multi-meter before using a cable – even if it seems obvious.
Available from 0.5m pair to 2m pair, supplied as a kit or finished cables (+£20.00)
Contents: (for a pair of 1m cables)
4m Duelund DCA20GA tinned copper multistrand wire in cotton and oil
1m Mundorf 3.8% silver/gold solder
10cm 4.8mm blue heatshrink
4x Switchcraft gold plated RCA plugs
50cm 9.5mm and 12.7mm heatshrink (red and black)
4x Eichmann Copper Bullet RCA Plugs
4x Eichmann grommets
£32.66 +vat +p&p