Since the demise of the beloved Riken Ohm carbon film resistors back in 2005/6, with their destinctive blue body, colour code bands and gold plated copper leadouts there hasn`t been a serious contendor to rival them. Until now...
Amtrans, from Japan, used to be the distributor for Riken resistors. In 2005 they bought a resistor factory, whether this was the original Riken premises they wouldn`t confirm. Soon came the AMRG carbon film resistor, which they claim is better than the Riken as they have employed cutting edge technologies for production. Indeed they aren`t far from the truth, these are truely amazing.
They are available in 0.75 watt and 2 watt, from 10R to 1.5M in E24 values. Hificollective are now stocking the E12 range but will increase the range to E24 in 2011. They have a 1% tolerance, non-magnetic , they are encapsulated in a black anodized aluminum case, potted in a highly thermal conductive resin, gold-plated copper end caps and gold-plated oxygen free copper leadouts. A lot to boast we believe and at an incredible price.
- power rating: 0.75 Watt & 2 Watt
- Nominal resistance: E24 sereies, 10R and above
- Tolerance: +/- 1%
- Max working voltage: 350V (0.75W), 500V (2W)
- Operating temperature: -55 to +155 degrees C
- Ceramic base: Porcelain rod (alumina)
- Resistor film: High quality carbon film
- End caps: Cupped plated brass
- Lead wire: Gold plated oxygen free copper wire
- Potting: Hightly thermal conductive resin
- Casing: Anodised Aluminium
PRICE 1 off
0.75W - £2.95+vat+p&p
2W - £4.40+vat+p&p